Interested in climbing but not tried it before? Just give us a call on 0208 397 0390 and choose the option that’s right for you:
- Take a Taster Session.
Book a Spider Taster session with a fully qualified instructor who will take you through the basics and give you the chance to scale the heights.
Max 1:6 instructor ratio – 1 hour £18.50. Entry to the wall and equipment included.
We typically have taster sessions for adults running Monday to Friday at 7.30pm and 8.30pm, on Saturdays at 12 noon, 2.00pm and 4.00pm and on Sundays at 12 noon and 1.30pm. Call us to book.
- Go for the Beginners Course
This course will provide in-depth tuition in belaying, knot-tying and climbing safety allowing you to tackle all top ropes with independence and confidence.
Duration: 6hrs Price: £95 Concession: £75
Week day adult beginner courses usually run on Mondays at 7pm (split over two sequential Mondays) and Thursdays at 7pm (split over two sequential Thursdays).
Weekend adult beginner courses run on mornings (first half Saturday 10.00-1.00pm and second half Sunday 10.00-1.00pm) or afternoons (Saturday 1.30pm-4.30pm and Sunday 1.30-4.30pm)
Your New to Climbing Questions Answered
Why try climbing?
- Bored of the gym? Climbing is a great way to hone those muscles, build your strength and endurance and improve general fitness
- Climbing promotes both physical and mental agility
- White Spider’s a great way to meet friends and, maybe, plan your next adventure outdoors.
What should I wear?
- Any sports or loose fitting clothes work well for climbing and bouldering
Do I need any special equipment?
- You just need climbing shoes. You can rent them from us (bring thin socks!) or bring your own. You can climb in trainers as well if you prefer to start with.
- we also rent chalk bags and sell chalk
Can anyone climb?
- Yes they can. If you are new to climbing, book in taster session and we’ll show you how.
What do I need to do before my first visit?
- Call us on 0208 397 0390 or email us at email@example.com to book.
- Download and complete the relevant Registration Form and bring it with you.
Is it safe?
- Although rock climbing can be a risky activity when done incorrectly, with good instruction and the proper equipment, it can be a safe, enjoyable sport for adults and kids alike.
- As the BMC say: “The BMC recognises that climbing and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions.”
Information for disabled ambulant climbers
- Accessible, disabled toilet on ground floor.
- Instructors who are specifically trained to support disabled ambulant users
- We are committed to inclusive sports so please contact us if you would like to book.
Please note that booking in advance is essential for all beginner climbers to ensure we have instructors available to meet your climbing needs.