By 'Experienced Climbers' we are referring to people who've had enough previous experience climbing to use the wall independent of supervision. We don't expect everyone to have 10 years+ experience, or be climbing 8a!
"Your centre really does set a new benchmark for indoor climbing in the southeast!" Morna Middleton (SPA, CWA (& Abseil), CWLA)
"White Spider is more than just a climbing wall, it's a climbing community. It just has that perfect atmosphere as well as well-balanced and thoughtful routes. Love."
"It's like being in a candy shop, where to start!"
"Really relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The cappuccino was good too..!"
– Feedback from our Facebook page
Why climb at White Spider?
At White Spider we aim to be as welcoming and inclusive as possible – we don't care if you are climbing 3 or 8b, we just want you to have fantastic climbing sessions.
For detailed information about the centre you can have a look at the 'The Centre' tab at the top of the page, but a quick overview:
– We have 7 areas with 104 lines and over 360 routes
– roughly 50/50 Lead/Top Rope – so there is plenty to do for everyone! Many of the top rope lines can also be used as lead routes – just move the rope aside.
– A totally mad Stalactite Roof (lead only)
– Auto Belay stations for training, or when your climbing buddies would rather boulder!
– Grades range from F3 to F8b
– Over 240 problems changed on a 4-8 week rotation (the average age is 5 weeks).
– NEW! Fantastic 30m Comp Wall complete with barrel, mini roof and overhangs!
– Boulder roof cave area and 400 angled systems board
– Grades range from V0 – V8 ..
On top of some great routes, we also have on offer:
– A café, serving freshly ground coffee, a range of home-made cakes, paninis, crisps and snacks.
– Training area with finger boards, Campus board, yoga balls, and space to stretch out.
– Luxury showers and changing rooms
– A kids castle adventure play area
– A 10m slackline
I'm new to White Spider, what is the entry process?
We use an online registration system, check out our links to the right forms. If you are an experience climber you can sign up for bouldering only, or for bouldering and climbing.
Once that is all done, we'll give you one of our membership tags. If you sign up to one of our membership packages you will only need to swipe the card to enter.
Plus it will get you 15% off in Cotswold Outdoor in their Kingston & Wandsworth branches, 20% off in the Chertsey branch of Snow & Rock.
Can I boulder only?
Yes of course! We have awesome bouldering:
– Over 240 problems, in 6 areas, with grades from V0 – V8
– Setting is changed on a 4-8 week rotation (depending on the area, the average age is 5 weeks), sets by some of the biggest names in the industry.
– Our Fantastic new 30m Comp Wall complete with barrel, mini roof and overhangs! We run monthly competitions throughout the year, plus our annual end of Summer SEND! competition with BIG CA$H PRIZES!
– Lower and Upper bouldering
– Boulder roof cave
– 400 angled systems board, plus our training area.
How much does it cost?
If you are coming for an independent climbing session, the prices are shown below!
Please note: These prices only apply to people who have passed our registration process and are able to climb independently. If you think you may need supervision, please refer to the 'New to Climbing' page.
We charge a one off, £5 joining fee.
Peak times are Monday – Friday after 5pm, and all day at weekends & bank holidays. Off peak entry is Monday – Friday before 5pm.
Casual Entry Rates
Weekdays: 5pm – 10pm
All day at Weekends
10am – 5pm
|Direct Debit||Monthly||10 x Day-Pass|
|Adult + Child||£59.50||n/a||n/a|
If you'd like to book a session with one of our instructors to learn new skills, prices will vary (details available here). Details on these sessions are available further down this page, and on the 'New to Climbing' page.
All our Social sessions & competitions are FREE.
How many people (youth or new climbers) can I supervise?
An experienced adult can supervise 2 people – but this is a strict limit. We cannot allow you to bring in more people than this and swap them in.
You'll need to get them to complete the online registration form, and you will both also need to sign our supervision register.
I'm struggling to find climbing partners, what can White Spider do to help?
We have loads on offer to help you connect with like minded climbing folk, you can try the following:
Meeting people in person is probably the easiest way to get to know other climbers – and these sessions are FREE! Just pay the standard entry fee and let reception know you want to get involved.
Please note, these are not instructed sessions – you need to be signed off as an experienced climber to be able to participate. If you are feeling a bit rusty, we suggest you book a private lesson to re-acquaint yourself with the necessary techniques.
We have the following sessions on offer for you:
– Adult Social Evening with Stew – Wednesdays 7 – 9pm
– Ladies Social Sessions with Bronagh – Tuesdays 7 – 9pm & Thursdays 10.30am – 12.30pm
– Bouldering Social with Jade – Fridays 6 – 8pm
For more information, visit the Social, Events & Competitions page.
We've created a facebook page which has seen many people make successful belay connections and share helpful climbing information.
Feel free to join in here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/socialspiders/
This website can also be useful: http://www.climbfind.com/
What other facilities do you have?
We have loads of information available on 'The Centre' page, but a brief overview:
– A 10m slackline
– Training area including finger boards, beastmakers, yoga balls and space to stretch out.
– Luxury showers and changing rooms
– Weekly drop-in Yoga sessions
– A café you can chill out in, with fresh coffee, cake, sandwiches and snacks!
Do you have any auto-belays?
Yes! We have four auto-belay lines. These lines will be reset regularly, and carry a range of routes for both beginners and more experienced climbers.
I want to improve my climbing, what do you have on offer?
We have several options open to you, whether you want to start lead climbing or break through your grade plateau.
Check out the options below:
Learn to Lead Climbing Courses
Benefits: Lead climbing is a little more advanced and technical than other types of climbing, and we strongly advise you use one of our professional instructors to teach you how. Lead climbing can be incredibly rewarding, and is an important skill to have if you want to take your climbing outside onto real rock.
Duration: 2 x 2 hour sessions
When?: These courses can be scheduled in flexibly, however there must be 2 people for the session to work.
Prerequisites: It's advised that you be able to climb confidently at F5+ level on ropes.
Private Sessions – for Improvers
Benefits: These sessions offer 1:1 time with an instructor, and you can ask them to help you out if you are stuck at a grade, or just want to learn some new techniques. The session is yours: the instructor will be happy to talk you through whatever you want to know.
Duration: 1 hour
Price: from £40 (more details available here: Prices)
When?: We can schedule this at a time convenient for you, subject to instructor availability.
Benefits: A great opportunity to meet other climbers and get some useful climbing tips from our crew.
– Ladies Sessions – Tuesday 7pm – 9pm & Thursday 10.30am – 12.30pm
– General Adult Sessions – Wednesdays 7pm – 9pm
– Family Club – Saturday 2pm – 4pm
Prerequisites: You must be signed off with us as an experienced climber to participate.
Benefits: Slacklining can provide huge benefits to your climbing, perfect for improving core, muscle tone, stability, focus, balance and relaxation techniques!
Duration: Slackline – as long as you can take the wobble!
Price: Yoga – Slackline – standard entry fees (see 'How much does it cost?' above)
When?: Slackline – any time during our opening hours!
I'm a disabled ambulant climber, what facilities does White Spider have?
We have an accessible disabled toilet on the ground floor. We also have instructors who are specifically trained to support disabled ambulant users in case you need it. We are committed to being as inclusive as we can be, so please do contact us if you'd like to book or have any questions.