25 Jan 2013 19:09
For the month that gives you Valentine's day we are offering a special partners promotion. Everyone who signs up for a beginners course in February can also sign up a partner for half price to the same course. Conditions:
- Book during February 2013
- Both people must be booked on the same course at the same time.
- Applies to 6 hour beginners courses only
If you are looking for indoor climbing London and Surrey then contact us today.
For more information or to make a booking phone 0208 397 0390
20 Jan 2013 18:55
We are proud to announce that we are holding the opening round of the BMC Youth Climbing Series 2013 on 16th Feb here at White Spider. Come down, join in, or just watch some amazing young competitors. The future of british climbing.
The (very excited) White Spider Team 🙂
For more images, see: BMC Youth Series Feb 2013 Gallery
19 Jan 2013 10:00
We are open as usual through this snowey period, the access road is gritted, the coffee machine is steaming and we have some heavenly hot chocolate…! So come along and enjoy a great climbing session…
Cheers! The White Spider Team
07 Jan 2013 21:59
Get your wobble on!
The newest member to the White Spider Team, professional slackliner Harry Cloudfoot, has been working with us to install a new, indoor 20m slackline!
The ideal balancing challenge, perfect for improving core stability and focus, the slackline will be a semi-permanent installation to the centre.
The line runs over our matted area to ensure nice soft landings should you come off, and our staff members are on hand to give you tips on how to beat the wobbles!
Think you've got what it takes?
Try Harry's latest challenge, walking the entire length of the line (full-man) with your eyes closed!
Stay tuned for up and coming White Spider Slackline Workshops – for now, here are some tips from Harry to get you started:
- Keep your feet straight – Start with one foot on the floor, and your stronger foot on the slackline – big toe and ball of your foot always on the line.
- Look straight ahead – It helps with your posture; where you look, is where you go. Look down, you fall down!
- Use your arms to balance – Try to keep you elbows above your shoulders, and keep your arms relaxed. Your torso should be straight, but your arms moving.
Got any questions? Pop down to the centre and ask Harry how you can gain some ninja skills!