White Spider Climbing Centre and Facilities
103 Roped lines with over 350 routes
4 large bouldering areas with up to 250 problems including a comp wall and a large boulder roof cave
Stalactite roof and steep Comp Wall
Training area including finger boards, stretching mats and a systems board
Video of our 1st Birthday party!
– Over 350 routes!
– Approximately 50% top rope and 50% lead routes
– up to 13m routes, with the longest routes at 20m (through the stal roof)
– New routes added each week (for more information, check out the Routesetting tab).
– Two auto belay stations
– Grades from F3 – F8a
– Up to 250 problems
– 10 circuits reset on an 8 week rotation (for more information on setting, visit the Routesetting tab)
– 40 degree angled systems board with 'design your own problems' feature
– grades range from V0 – V8
White Spider Facilities
We have a number of useful facilities to help make your sessions at White Spider as good as they can be!
Great coffee, great food and a warm & friendly atmosphere
The White Spider cafe is open:
Monday 2pm to 9.15pm, Tuesday to Friday 10am to 9.15pm, and 10am to 6.45pm on weekends.
You'll find Fairtrade coffee, teas and soft drinks. If you're a bit peckish we'll tempt you with a wide variety of sandwiches, soups and snacks with a range of delicious cakes. We have hot and cold choices and healthy (and some not so healthy) options to satisfy your hunger.
The Cafe is a great place to hang out and watch the world climb by.
The ideal balancing challenge, perfect for improving core stability and focus, the 10 metre slackline is a semi-permanent feature of the centre.
The line runs over our matted area to ensure nice soft landings should you come off, and our staff members are on hand to give you tips on how to beat the wobbles!
Here are some tips to get you started:
1. Keep your feet straight – Start with one foot on the floor, and your stronger foot on the slackline – big toe and ball of your foot always on the line.
2. Look straight ahead – It helps with your posture; where you look, is where you go. Look down, you fall down!
3. Use your arms to balance – Try to keep you elbows above your shoulders, and keep your arms relaxed. Your torso should be straight, but your arms moving.
Get your wobble on!
We sell chalk bags, chalk. ClimbOn! and a few other bits and pieces. We do not sell harnesses, shoes or any other equipment.
We have a deal with Cotswold Outdoors in Kingston & Wandsworth (15% off to our customers) and Snow & Rock in Chertsey (20% off to our customers) if you want to buy your own kit!
We have separate men and women’s changing rooms with luxury showers and locker facilities.